Joinery is a specific type of carpentry that involves constructing wooden items such as bookcases, cabinets, doors, windows and stairs away from the work site. These wood items are then sent to the job site to be fixed by a carpenter.
By studying this course, students will gain skills in timber joinery and develop a broad understanding of the building and construction industry. You will learn to manufacture joinery components, use computer-controlled machinery, manufacture components for door and window frames, install windows and doors, construct and assemble stairs, and apply and trim decorative finishes. Over the five years to November 2019, the number of job openings for Joiners is expected to be high.
Joiner is currently on the Medium to Long Term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL)
Graduates will be qualified trades person in the building and construction industry. Graduates will be skilled in many aspects of joinery including:
- Design and set out stairs.
- Refurbish timber sashes to window frames.
- Set out and assemble cabinets, showcases, wall units, counters and workstations.
- Install lining, panelling and moulding.
- Manufacturing joinery components.
- Read and interpret plans and specifications.
- Use computer-controlled machinery.
- Manufacture components for door and window frames and doors.
Common jobs for joinery include:
- Making doors/ window frames
- Creating fitted furniture
- Building stairs
Common jobs for carpenters include:
- Fitting floors
- Fitting staircases
- Fixing window frames
- Installing cupboards and shelving
Course Overview (with video)
Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.
January and July
From $14,000 per year
The Course Details – Cert III in Joinery
Potential Career Outcome:
- Full time joiners on average earn $1358 per week.
- The average hours worked in Australia are 44 per week.
- Employment for this occupation rose moderately in the past five years and is expected to grow further in the next five years.
- Carpenters and Joiners have a high proportion of full-time jobs (93.2 per cent).
- They can work independently or be part of a larger building company or cabinet maker.
Get in Touch
Phone 0755 265 900
Gold Coast Office
2575 Gold Coast Highway, Mermaid Beach, QLD, 4215
Call us 02039 483 865