Study Boat Building
If you like working with your hands and want to become qualified in an industry that will allow you to work all over the world boat building could be the best choice for you. Australia is recognised for providing highly skilled and technologically sound boat builders. The Cert III in Marine Craft Construction course will provide students with the required skills to work in the boat building and repair industry in Australia and around the world.
Boat Builder and Repairer is currently on the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL)
$9300 per year
The Course Details
Certificate III in Marine Craft Construction
Graduates will be qualified trades person in the marine craft industry. Graduates will be skilled in many aspects of boat building industry including:
- Fitting out internal and external components of marine craft.
- Repairing wooden, fiberglass and composite vessels.
- Installing engine drive systems.
- Health and Safety.
- Using power and hand tools
Job Forecast & Career Information
- Full time boat builders earn an average of $1196.00 per week.
- The average hours worked by a Boat Builder in Australia are 47.3 per week.
- Most boat builders work for large companies.
- Boat builders have a very high proportion of full time jobs (93.6%).
- Employment for this occupation grew strongly over the past 5 years
Common Course Requirements:
- Must have graduated year 10 in home country.
- Must have a minimum English level of IELTS 5.5
- This course includes 360 hours of vocational placement.
Get in Touch
Phone 0755 265 900
Email: [email protected]
Gold Coast Office
2575 Gold Coast Highway, Mermaid Beach, QLD, 4215
Level 5 Tower 2 /121 King William Street – Adelaide 5000