Accredited Courses

Education Pathways

By studying the correct Accredited Courses you could greatly increase your prospects of obtaining a work visa to Australia.

What is an Accredited Course?

Pathway to Aus is partnered with numerous education providers that offer courses accredited by the skills assessor in the nominated occupation.

An accredited course is a course that a skills assessment authority has already reviewed, deeming the course content and structure suitable to pass a skills assessment. Other documentation relating to work experience or previous education is generally not required to be submitted. This allows for a smooth and simple process for your skills assessment.

If you study a course that is not accredited by the skills assessment authority, you cannot be sure that it meets the requirement to pass the skills assessment. You may have to submit additional documentation regarding your education and work experience. If your course is not accredited, it may not meet the specific requirements of the skills assessor.

Courses on Medium and Long-Term Strategic Skills List

Study pathways that may meet the 2-year course requirement for positions on the Medium and Long-Term Strategic Skills List


Civil Engineering Draftsperson

Course Summary

24 months
$8000 per semester
Intake from January and July

View details

Social Work

Course Summary

2 Years (Masters) or 4 years (Bachelor)
$23,800 per year
Intake from February and July

View details


Course Summary

24-36 months
$20,000 - $25,000
Intake February and July

View details


Course Summary

1.5 years
From $15,000 per year
Intake February and July

View details

Telecommunications and IT Network Engineering

Course Summary

24 months
$8,500 – 15,000 per year
Intake: January, April, July, September
View details

Construction Economics

Course Summary

2-4 years
$18,000 per year
Intake February and July
View details

Electrical Engineering Draftsperson

Course Summary

2 years (4 semesters)
$12,400 per year
Intake Jan and July
View details

Getting Started with 4 Easy Steps


Enrol in a Course

Firstly, you must enrol in a course that trains you for a position on the Medium and Long-Term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL).


Apply for 485 Visa

After graduation, you may be eligible to apply for the 485 Graduate Visa. This is a temporary work visa that allows you to remain in Australia.

Pass a Skills Assessment

Your education completed should meet the education requirements for a skill assessment.

Apply for Work Visa

Finally after receiving a positive skills assessment, you may be eligible to apply for the Skilled Regional, State Nominated or Independent Skilled Permanent Work Visas to Australia.

General Skilled Migration for a teacher

General Skilled Migration Visas

General Skilled Migration Visas are permanent visas to Australia that do not require you to have an employer to sponsor your visa. These visas include – Skilled Independent (Subclass 189), State Nominated (Subclass 190) or Skilled Regional (Subclass 491)
Vocational courses Studing in Australia Pathway to Aus

Graduate Visa

The Graduate Visa (Subclass 485) allows recent university graduates and certain vocational graduates the chance to remain in Australia and work after their studies have finished. Anytime throughout the temporary graduate visa, visa holders can apply for another permanent visa.
University courses Studing in Australia Pathway to Aus

Immigration Points Test

To apply for general skilled migration visas, you must first pass a skills assessment and points test. The points test measures how desirable you are to the Australian Government by measuring such things as your age, education, work experience and English ability.
University courses Studing in Australia Pathway to Aus

Skills Assessment

Anyone who is looking to apply for a General Skilled Migration Visa (Skilled Independent and State Sponsored) will need to obtain a positive skills assessment before applying for the visa. The above courses are accredited with the skill assessor, meaning that no work experience is required.

Jose’s Story

from Venezuela

Jose is a student from Venezuela. He previously studied engineering at Griffith University before passing a skills assessment with Engineers Australia and obtaining a skilled independent permanent visa.

I want to thank PTA for everything they did for me. I went from a student visa to graduate visa to skilled independent permanent resident. They gave me the right advice, were always available to chat, talked me through the difficulties of the process, and assisted me to add my partner to my visa.

Jose from Venezuela Testimonial or Pathway to Aus


In case of questions, feel free to reach out to one of our experienced Registered Migration Agents.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Contact details

Give us a call

Australia: 0755 265 900
Argentina: (11) 7368 - 8134
Fiji: (679) 922 3842
Philippines: 63 968 363 5296
United Kingdom: 02039 483 865

Send an email

Gold Coast Office

2242 Gold Coast Highway,
Mermaid Beach, QLD, 4218

UK Office

5 Merchant Square
London, W2 1AY, United Kingdom
(By Appointment Only)

University or Vocational Course was last modified: September 24th, 2021 by PTA