If you are looking for a flexible job and build skills that allow you to work all over the world, perhaps you may want to study carpentry.
Carpenter is currently on the DIBP
Australia is recognised for providing highly skilled and technologically sound carpenters. The Cert III in Carpentry course will provide students with the required skills to work in the building and construction industry in Australia and all over the globe. The course prepares students to perform a wide range of tasks in the building and construction industry.
You will be trained in numerous fields in the carpentry industry such as studying drawings and specifications to determine materials required, ordering and selecting timbers and materials, preparing layouts and much more.
Certificate III in Carpentry
$9,000 – $14,000 per year
The Course Details
Graduates will be qualified tradesperson in the in the building and construction industry. Graduates will be skilled in many aspects of carpentry including:
- Plan and organise work.
- Construct wall frames.
- Use carpentry hand and power tools.
- Read and interpret plans.
- Shape materials and assemble components.
- Roof framing.
- Use a variety of levelling instruments.
Job Forecast & Career Information:
- Full time carpenters earn an average of $1120 per week.
- The average hours worked by a carpenter in Australia are 40.2 per week.
- Employment for this occupation rose moderately in the past five years, rose slightly in the long-term (ten years).
- Carpenters and Joiners have a high proportion of full-time jobs (93.2 per cent).
- Carpenters can work independently as a subcontractor or for a larger construction company.
Common Course Requirements:
- Must have graduated year 10 in home country.
- Must have a minimum of IELTS 5.5 overall.
- This course may include 360 hours of vocational placement.
What Students Say
Ged from UK is currently in his third semester studying the Cert III in Carpentry and the Cert IV in Building and Construction at TAFE NSW in Sydney. He’s working part time earning $35/hour and he’s working towards Graduate Work Visa. If you’d like to know more about Ged’s experience then you’ll find the interview with him down below.
John from UK lives in Cleveland with his wife and son. He’s studying the Cert III in Carpentry at TAFE Skills Tech in Brisbane. He’s very pleased with teachers and he finds equipment & facilities to be first class. We did a short interview with him, which you can find from down below.
Get in Touch
Phone 0755 265 900
Email: [email protected]
Gold Coast Office
2575 Gold Coast Highway, Mermaid Beach, QLD, 4215
Level 5 Tower 2 /121 King William Street – Adelaide 5000