Carpenter is listed on Immigration’s –
Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL). This means immigration has identified carpenters as an in-demand occupation in Australia.
Australia is recognised for providing highly skilled and technologically sound carpenters. The Certificate III in Carpentry will provide students with the required skills to work in the building and construction industry in Australia and all over the globe. If you study carpentry you will learn to perform a wide range of tasks in the building and construction industry.
You will be trained in numerous fields in the carpentry industry such as studying drawings and specifications to determine materials required, ordering and selecting timbers and materials, preparing layouts and much more.
Graduates will be a qualified tradesperson in the building and construction industry, skilled in many aspects of carpentry including:
- Plan and organise work
- Construct wall frames
- Use carpentry hand and power tools
- Read and interpret plans
- Shape materials and assemble component
- Roof framing
- Use a variety of levelling instruments
Certificate III in Carpentry
January and July (*Apr and Oct in Melbourne only)
Brisbane, Gold Coast (*regional), Sydney, Melbourne, Perth (*regional), Sunshine Coast (*regional), Kingscliff
$11,400 – $14,000 per year
The Course Details
Potential Career Outcome:
- Full-time carpenters on average earn $1120 per week
- The average hours worked in Australia are 40.2 per week
- Employment for this occupation rose moderately in the past five years, rose slightly in the long-term
- Carpenters and Joiners have a high proportion of full-time jobs (93.2 per cent)
- They can work independently or be part of a larger building company
Common Course Requirements
To study carpentry you must:
- Have graduated year 10 in your home country
- Have a minimum of IELTS 5.5 overall.
- Be prepared to complete a 360 hour of vocational placement
Note: It is never recommended to engage in studies for the sole purpose of trying to gain a visa to Australia. Speak to us and we can find a course that matches your long-term career goals.
What Students Say
Ged from UK is currently in his third semester studying the Cert III in Carpentry and the Cert IV in Building and Construction at TAFE NSW in Sydney. He’s working part time earning $35/hour and he’s working towards Graduate Work Visa. If you’d like to know more about Ged’s experience then you’ll find the interview with him down below.
John from UK lives in Cleveland with his wife and son. He’s studying the Cert III in Carpentry at TAFE Skills Tech in Brisbane. He’s very pleased with teachers and he finds equipment & facilities to be first class. We did a short interview with him, which you can find from down below.
Request More Information
Phone 0755 265 900
Gold Coast Office
2575 Gold Coast Highway, Mermaid Beach, QLD 4218
Call us 02039 483 865