Wall & Floor Tiling
Wall and Floor Tiler are all currently on the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL)
There is currently a large demand for qualified wall and floor tilers in Australia and if working in the construction industry is something that appeals to you this might be the perfect option for you.
Students learn to lay ceramic, clay, slate, marble, glass and other types of tiles on external and internal walls and floors to provide protective and decorative finishes.
Major areas of study include interpretation of plans, measurements and calculations, use of power tools and equipment, surface preparation & repairs.
Certificate III in Wall & Floor Tiling
Jan and July (in Melbourne or Perth). Monthly intake on Gold Coast
Gold Coast, Perth and Melbourne
$8,500 – $15,000 per year
The Course Details
Careers for graduates include working as a self-employed contractor, a tiling or renovation company employee or being employed as a sales representative in the tile manufacturing or retail industry.As a wall and floor tiler you will have the skills to undertake the following tasks:
- Examining plans, measuring and marking surfaces and laying out work.
- Preparing wall and floor surfaces by removing old tiles, grout and adhesive, filling holes and cracks, and cleaning surfaces.
- Spreading adhesive onto prepared surfaces and tiles, and setting tiles in position.
- Using tile-cutting tools to cut and shape tiles needed for edges and corners, and around objects such as fittings and pipes.
Job Forecast & Career Information
- Full time wall and floor tiler earn an average of $862per week
- Employment for this occupation rose very strongly (in percentage terms) in the past five years and rose strongly in the long-term (ten years).
- Wall and floor tilers have a high proportion of full-time jobs (87.1 per cent).
- The average hours worked by wall and floor tilers in Australia are 41.4 per week.
- Wall and floor tilers can work independentlyas a subcontractor or be part of a larger construction company.
Common Course Requirements
- Must have graduated year 10 in home country.
- Must have a minimum of IELTS 5.5 overall.
- This course includes 360 hours of vocational placement.
Get in Touch
Phone 0755 265 900
Email: [email protected]
Gold Coast Office
2575 Gold Coast Highway, Mermaid Beach, QLD, 4215
Level 5 Tower 2 /121 King William Street – Adelaide 5000