Brick & block layers are a key element to any construction project and a very in demand job in Australia.
Bricklaying is currently on the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL)
By studying bricklaying you will be setting yourself up for a promising career in a growing industry. Many people think it is a simple job, however there is so much more to this occupation. This occupation would suit someone who likes working outdoors, is physically fit and likes working with their hands. You will learn how to work on job sites for domestic,commercial and public buildings and work with clay bricks, concrete blocks and mortar.
Throughout the course students will learn how to interpret building plans, perform measurements, masonry blockwork, veneer and solid brick construction, leveling and scaffolding and how to use speciality tools.
Certificate III in Bricklaying
Jan and July
Gold Coast and Perth
$11,000 – $14,500 per year
The Course Details
The Certificate III in Bricklaying prepares students to perform a wide range of tasks in the building industry. You will be trained in numerous fields in the brick laying such as:
- Studying plans and specifications to determine materials required, dimensions and installation procedures.
- How to construct decorative panels, feature walls, arches and columns.
- Laying bricks in rows, designs and shapes, and spreading mortar between joints.
- Embedding blocks in mortar and removing excess mortar.
- Checking vertical and horizontal alignment.
- Cutting, shaping and polishing stones and bricks using machines and hand tools, and shaping bricks to fit irregular spaces.
Job Forecast & Career Information
- Full time bricklayers earn an average of $1200 per week.
- The average hours worked by a bricklayer in Australia are 39.4 per week.
- Employment for this occupation fell slightly in the past five years and remained relatively steady in the long-term (ten years).
- Bricklayers and stonemasons have a high proportion of full-time jobs (90.7 per cent).
- Most bricklayers can work independently as a contractor or for a larger building company.
Common Course Requirements
- Must have graduated year 10 in home country.
- Must have a minimum English score of IELTS 5.5 overall.
- This course includes 360 hours of vocational placement.
Get in Touch
Phone 0755 265 900
Email: [email protected]
Gold Coast Office
2575 Gold Coast Highway, Mermaid Beach, QLD, 4215
Level 5 Tower 2 /121 King William Street – Adelaide 5000