By studying the right Trade/Vocational Course it could greatly increase your prospects of obtaining Work Visas to Australia.
There are four steps to applying involved in this pathway:
- Firstly you must Enroll in the right Course/Courses (This course must train you for a position that is on the Medium and Long-Term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL))
- After graduation you may be eligible to apply for the 485 Graduate Visa. This is a temporary work visa.
- On the graduate visa, you must undertake the Job Ready Program through TRA . This requires 12 months of paid work experience and can approve a positive skills assessment for migration purposes.
- Finally after receive a positive skills test you may be eligible to apply for RSMS, State or Independent Skilled Permanent Work Visa
Study Pathways that meet the 2-year course requirement for positions on the Medium and Long-Term Strategic Skills List:
- Cert III in Carpentry (24 months)
- Cert III in Joinery (24 months)
- Cert III in Engineering Fabrication (12 months)
- Cert IV in Engineering (12 months)
- Advanced Diploma of Electronics and Communications Engineer (24 months)
- Cert III in Plumbing (12 months)
- Cert IV in Plumbing Services (12 months)
- Cert III in Automotive Body Repair (12 months)
- Cert IV in Automotive Body Repair (12 months)
- Cert III in Automotive Electrician (24 months)
- Certificate III in Electrotechnology (24 months)
- Cert III in Commercial Cookery (12 months)
- Cert IV in Commercial Cookery (6 months)
- Diploma of Hospitality (6 months)
- Cert III in Automotive Mechanical Technology (14 months)
- Cert IV Automotive Mechanical Diagnosis (6 months)
- Or Diploma of Management (6 months)
- Cert III in Painting and Decorating (12 months)
- Diploma of Building and Construction (12 months)
- Cert III in Wall and Floor Tiling (24 months)
- Cert III in Solid Plastering (24 months)
- Cert III in Bricklaying (24 months)
- Cert III in Marine Craft (24 months)
CASE STUDY – Ian
Ian always knew that he wanted to live in Australia. He is a keen surfer and the climate and waves on The Gold Coast suit him perfectly. However he had already used his working holiday visa and did not have the skills or experience to get an employer sponsored or skilled independent visa.
At his initial consultation, Pathway to Aus went through some study options that may be suitable for him. He had always been interested in boat building and we managed to enroll him in the Cert III of Marine Craft Construction. This is a 2 year package offered at Tafe QLD on The Gold Coast. Boat Building is on the Immigration Medium and Long-Term Strategic Skills List. Ian then spent 2 years undertaking this course. The course combines in class study with vocational placement at a boat builder. Throughout his studies Ian was fortunate enough to find paid work experience at the boat builder where he did his vocational placement. On the student visa Ian could work 40 hours per fortnight and unlimited hours during school holidays. This allowed Ian to earn money to partially support himself during his stay.
Because boat building is on the Medium and Long-Term Strategic Skills List, upon graduating, we were able to apply for an 18 month temporary graduate visa for Ian. We then passed a provisional skills assessment and entered into the Job Ready Program run by Trades Recognition Australia. As part of the Job Ready Program Ian undertook a minimum of 1725 hours of full time work as a boat builder. Ian will then be able to obtain a full skills assessment in only 12 months, as apposed the usual 3 years. We have now used the full skills assessment to apply for general skilled migration under the skilled independent stream (subclass 189). After we lodged Ian’s EOI, we received an nomination to apply for the visa in only 2 days!
“I want to thank Pathway to Aus for setting me on the right pathway. I had no idea how to stay in Aus, but they found a course that I love, and I am in a job that I have always wanted to work in.”
If you are interested in finding a Trade Courses in Australia that may give you the opportunity to progress to a permanent visa free to contact Pathway to Aus.
P: (+61) 7 55 265 900
E: email@example.com or
APPLY or ENQUIRE ONLINE