Study to be an Electrical Engineering Technician
After completion of this course students will be ready to work in the electronics industry as an electrical engineering technician
Electrical Engineering Technician is currently on the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL)
Throughout your studies you will learn technical knowldge that will allow you to give advice to clients in a sales environemtn. Students will also gain skills in variable speed drivers, analogue and digital electronics, programmable logic controlles and renewable energy. When you finish the course, students wil have the ability to design and evaluate electrical systems and equipment.
Graduates will be skilled in many aspects of electronic engineering technician including:
- Develop strategies to address environmental and sustainability issues in the energy sector.
- Fabricate, assemble and dismantle utilities industry components.
- Solve problems in d.c. circuits.
- Repair basic electronic apparatus faults by replacement of components.
- Troubleshoot resonance circuits in an electronic apparatus.
- Apply physics to solving electrotechnology engineering problems
- Fault find and repair complex power supplies.
- Design and develop advanced digital systems.
- Troubleshoot communication systems.
- Develop, enter and verify control progams for programmable controls
- Provide engineering solutions to problems in complex polyphase power circuits
Course Overview (with video)
Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.
Advanced Diploma of Engineering Technology – Electrical
January and July
$12,400 per year
The Course Details – Advanced Diploma of Engineering Technology – Electrical
Potential Job Forecast:
- Electronic engineer technicians average weekly earnings is $1430 per week.
- The average hours worked in Australia are 37.5 per week.
- Employment for this occupation rose very strongly in the past five years and fell in the long-term.
- Electronic engineering draftspersons, technicians have a high proportion of full-time jobs (93 per cent).
- They can work independently or be part of a larger energy company, mining company and government.
Higher Education Opportunities:
- Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering
- Bachelor of Electrical and Aerospace Engineering
Common Course Requirements
- Must have graduated year 10 in home country.
- Must have a minimum of IELTS 5.5 overall.
- This course includes 360 hours of vocational placement.
Get in Touch
Phone 0755 265 900
Email: [email protected]
Gold Coast Office
2575 Gold Coast Highway, Mermaid Beach, QLD, 4215
Call us 02039 483 865