Painting and Decorating
Painting and Decorating is a great course for someone who is creative but still enjoys working with their hands and working on their feet.
Painting Trades Worker is currently on the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL)
Painting and decorating allows you to really develop your creative and practical skills to get a career in this diverse and fast paced industry. Over the five years to November 2019, the number of job openings for painting trades workers is expected to be above average.
Painting trades workers apply paint, varnish, wallpaper and other finishes to protect, maintain and decorate surfaces of buildings and structures. You will be able to paint and decorate for residential and commercial construction.
This course works on the basic skills you will need to succeed in this industry. Throughout the course students will:
- Develop skills in colour matching.
- Learn wallpaper applications.
- Learn how to apply special coating & finishes.
- Learn preparation techniques.
- Understand different timber coatings and finishes.
- Occupational Health and Safety.
- Reading and interpreting plans/estimating as well as many other internal and external applications.
Certificate III In Painting and Decorating
Approximately 2 years
Gold Coast (*Regional) and Melbourne
From 8,000$ – $12,000 per year
The Course Details
Potential Career Outcome:
- Full time painters earn an average of $1371.00 per week.
- The average hours worked by a painter in Australia are 43 hours per week.
- Employment for this occupation is expected to remain consistent in the future.
- Painting tradesworkers have a high proportion of full-time jobs (76 per cent).
- Painting trades workers can work independently as a sub contractor or as part of a larger construction company.
Common Course Requirements
Must have graduated year 10 in home country
Must have a minimum of IELTS 5.
Get in Touch
Phone 0755 265 900
Gold Coast Office
2575 Gold Coast Highway, Mermaid Beach, QLD, 4215
Call us 02039 483 865