Study Automotive Body Repair
The automotive industry in Australia has many different aspects and job roles. One of the most in demand jobs at the moment is for qualified panel beaters.
Panel Beaters are currently on the Medium and Long-Term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL)
Panel beaters undertake a very wide range of tasks and have a very diverse skill set. They can repair minor dents and scratches, right through to a full rebuild of exterior panels.
Another really interesting aspect of a panel beaters job is classical car restoration and customisation. This aspect of the job can allow you to explore a more creative side of the trade industry and come up with your own plans and concepts using a wide range of materials.
Students who undertake training in this field will obtain numerous skills to utilise within the automotive repair industry including:
- Carry out fabrication of components.
- Carry out gas metal arc welding procedures.
- Remove and replace mechanical units and assemblies.
- Carry out paint-less dent repairs.
- Carry out panel repairs.
- Conduct major sectional repairs.
- Determine vehicle damage and recommended repair procedures.
- Fabricate composite material components.
- Fabricate vehicle body panels and components.
- Install vehicle components.
Course Overview (with video)
Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.
January, March, May, July, September
$12,000 per year
The Course Details –
Certificate III & Certificate IV in Automotive Body Repair
Potential Career Outcomes:
- Panel beaters earn an average of $1216.00 per week.
- The average hours worked in Australia are 41.4 hours per week.
- Employment for this occupation rose strongly in the past five years and fell slightly in the long-term.
- Panel beaters have a high proportion of full-time jobs (87.2 per cent).
- Panel beaters can work independently as a sub contractor or as part of a larger automotive company.
Higher Education Opportunities:
- Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering
Common Course Requirements
Must have graduated year 10 in home country.
Must have a minimum of IELTS 5.5 overall.
This course includes 360 hours of vocational placement.
Get in Touch
Phone 0755 265 900
Gold Coast Office
2575 Gold Coast Highway, Mermaid Beach, QLD, 4215
Call us 02039 483 865