Study to be a Solid Plasterer
Solid plasterers apply plaster & protective coatings to cement, block & brick walls during the construction phase. This course would suit someone who doesn’t mind working on their feet who also has an eye for decorative details.
Solid Plasterer is currently on the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL)
Solid plasterers can also apply decorative finishes to internal and external walls using render or plaster depending on the application. Solid plasterers also perform a range of “finishing work” in the final phase of the construction process: preparing and cleaning walls for paint, smoothing of ceilings & walls, creating straight and smooth angles on walls & custom build outs and cavities.
Graduates will be qualified trades person in the plastering industry. Throughout the course graduates will learn skills such as:
- Install pre-cast decorative moldings.
- Apply float and render to straight and curved surfaces.
- Carry out concreting to simple forms.
- Apply set coats.
- Erect and dismantle restricted height scaffolding.
- Read and interpret building plans and specifications.
- Apply OHS requirements and policies in the construction industry.
Certificate III in Solid Plastering
January, March, June, July, Sep, Oct, Nov
Gold Coast and Perth
From $8,000 – $15,000 per year
The Course Details
Potential Job Forecast:
- Full time solid plasterers earn an average of $1600.00 per week.
- The average hours worked by a solid plasterer in Australia are 43 hours per week.
- Plasterers can work independently or be part of a larger construction company.
- Employment for this occupation has grown strongly over the past 5 years
- Plasterers have a very high proportion of full time jobs (72%).
Common Course Requirements
- Must have graduated year 12 in home country.
- Must have a minimum English score of IELTS 5.5
Get in Touch
Phone 0755 265 900
Gold Coast Office
2575 Gold Coast Highway, Mermaid Beach, QLD, 4215
Call us 02039 483 865