Study Enginering Fabrication Trade
If you study Engineering Fabrication and Trade you are setting yourself up to work in numerous trade roles in Australia and around the world.
Metal Fabricator, Fitter and Turner and Welder are all currently on the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL)
In Australia, engineering fabricators may be even more in demand than engineers themselves. Structural steel and welding trades workers cut, shape, join and repair metal components of iron and steel structures, boilers, pressure vessels and pipes, ships and other vessels. If you study Engineering Fabrication and Trade you will be educated to work in roles such as:
– Fitter and Turner – works in the machining industry manufacturing metal components and then assembling those components into products such as tools and machinery.
– Metal Fabricator – builds metal structure by cutting, bending, and assembling metal.
– Welder – specializes in fusing materials together
Cert III in Engineering Fabrication and Trade and Cert IV in Engineering
Jan and July
Brisbane, Gold Coast, Bundaberg *(Regional), Melbourne
$12,000 per year
The Course Details
The Certificate III and IV in Engineering Fabrication and Trade prepares student to perform a wide range of tasks in the construction and manufacturing industry. Graduates will be skilled in many aspects of engineering fabrication and trade including:
- Studying blueprints, drawings and specifications to determine job requirements.
- Selecting, cleaning and preparing metal stock.
- Cutting marked-out metal sections and shapes using hand tools, flame cutting torches and metal cutting machines.
- Shaping and bending metal sections and pipes using hand and machine tools, and by heating and hammering.
- Aligning parts to be joined using hand tools and measuring instruments.
- Joining metal sections using various welding techniques, bolting and riveting.
- Examining welds for width of bead, penetration and precision.
- Finishing products by cleaning, polishing, filing and bathing in acidic solutions.
- Cleaning and smoothing welds by filing, chiselling and grinding.
Job Forecast & Career Information
- Full time metal fabricators, fitters and turners and welders earn an average of $1176.00 per week
- The average hours worked in Australia are 39.7 per week.
- Employment for this occupation rose slightly in the past five years and remained relatively steady in the long-term
- Structural steel and welding trades have a very high proportion of full-time jobs (94.6 per cent).
- They can work independently or be part of a larger building or manufacturing company.
Common Course Requirements
- Must have graduated year 10 in home country.
- Must have a minimum of IELTS 5.5
- This course includes 360 hours of vocational placement.
Get in Touch
Phone 0755 265 900
Email: [email protected]
Gold Coast Office
2575 Gold Coast Highway, Mermaid Beach, QLD, 4215
Level 5 Tower 2 /121 King William Street – Adelaide 5000