Painting and Decorating
Painting and Decorating is a great course for someone who is creative but still enjoys working with their hands and working on their feet.
Painting Trades Worker is currently on the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL)
Painting and decorating allows you to really develop your creative and practical skills to get a career in this diverse and fast paced industry. Over the five years to November 2019, the number of job openings for painting trades workers is expected to be above average.
Painting trades workers apply paint, varnish, wallpaper and other finishes to protect, maintain and decorate surfaces of buildings and structures. You will be able to paint and decorate for residential and commercial construction.
Certificate III In Painting and Decorating
Jan and July
$7,500 – $12,000 per year
The Course Details
This course works on the basic skills you will need to succeed in this industry. Throughout the course students will:
- Develop skills in colour matching.
- Learn wallpaper applications.
- Learn how to apply special coating & finishes.
- Learn preparation techniques.
- Understand different timber coatings and finishes.
- Occupational Health and Safety.
- Reading and interpreting plans/estimating as well as many other internal and external applications.
Job Forecast & Career Information
- Full time painters earn an average of $966.00 per week.
- The average hours worked by a painter in Australia are 40 hours per week.
- Employment for this occupation rose moderately in the past five years, remained relatively steady in the long-term.
- Painting tradesworkers have a high proportion of full-time jobs (87.4 per cent).
- Painting trades workers can work independently as a sub contractor or as part of a larger construction company.
Common Course Requirements
- Must have graduated year 10 in home country.
- Must have a minimum of IELTS 5.5
- This course includes 360 hours of vocational placement.
Note: It is never recommended to undertake study for the sole purpose of trying to gain a visa to Australia.
Get in Touch
Phone 0755 327 000
Gold Coast Office
2 Davenport St, Southport, QLD.
Level 5 Tower 2 /121 King William Street – Adelaide 5000