Study Heavy Diesel Mechanic
Get your hands dirty and get ready for a great career! A diesel mechanic inspect, keep up and repair diesel engines for car dealerships, private garages, repair shops and mining companies.
Diesel engines are known for their hard work, and because of that are found in hard working vehicles like buses, large trucks, boats, bulldozers, dump trucks, cranes, and even some light duty trucks and cars. Diesel engines are different from gasoline powered engines, and have different needs and requirements when being serviced. Diesel mechanics deal with everything from routine oil changes to full engine rebuilds.
Diesel mechanics have to understand the vehicles electrical system, engine, and all of its working parts. They are familiar with the mechanical and technical, using diagnostic computer software on some advanced vehicles to identify the issues.
Graduates will be skilled in many aspects of mechanics including:
- Maintenance and services procedures.
- Workplace safety.
- Tools and equipment.
- Service brakes, cooling system, fuel system.
- Service batteries.
- Electrical fundamentals.
January and July
Gold Coast and Brisbane
From $9,000 – $11,000 per year
The Course Details
Potential Job Forecast:
- Full time motor mechanics earn an average of $1000 per week.
- Employment for this occupation rose strongly in the past five years, rose slightly in the long-term.
- Motor mechanics have a very high proportion of full-time jobs (94 per cent).
- The average hours worked by a motor mechanic in Australia are 41 hours per week.
- Most diesel mechanics work for a dealership, garage or in the maintenance for large mining or civil works companies.
Common Course Requirements:
- Must have graduated year 10 in home country.
- Must have a minimum of IELTS 5.5 overall.
- This course may include 360 hours of vocational placement.
Get in Touch
Phone 0755 265 900
Gold Coast Office
2575 Gold Coast Highway, Mermaid Beach, QLD, 4215
Call us 02039 483 865