Study Furniture Design and Technology
Are you an artistic person looking to break into the growing competitive furniture design and production industry? A Certificate IV in Furniture Design and Technology will equip you with the knowledge and practical skills in fine furniture making, Furniture design and Furniture production.
During this course you will develop the knowledge and extensive experience required to design both interior and exterior furniture keeping factors like sustainability, ergonomics, customer style preferences and practicality in mind.
Upon graduation you will have gained the knowledge and practical experience to design and produce fine furniture for display, custom and volume production and purchase furniture based on quality assurance and specialist techniques.
The Course Details
A Certificate IV in Furniture Design and Technology will open many doors within the furniture design and production industry. You will graduate with the diverse skills to perform maintenance and monitoring of machines, research furniture styles, produce custom furniture, produce computer aided drawings, design briefs, construct joints for custom furniture, effectively operate woodworking machines and create templates and jigs for custom made furniture.
Job Forecast & Career Information
– Maintenance and monitoring of machines
– Producing custom furniture
– Producing Computer Aided Drawings
– Use of woodworking machines
– Templates and jigs for custom made furniture
– Constructing joints for custom furniture
– Design briefs
Common Course Requirements
- Passed year 11 or the overseas equivalent
- Sufficient verbal & written English language skills
- IELTS score no less than 5.5 (Academic)
- Must have completed the Cert III in Joinery
Get in Touch
Phone 0755 265 900
Email: [email protected]
Gold Coast Office
2575 Gold Coast Highway, Mermaid Beach, QLD, 4215
Level 5 Tower 2 /121 King William Street – Adelaide 5000