Study Landscape Design
This course will teach you to create well-balanced and inspiring environments and outdoor spaces with the Diploma of Landscape Design.
If you study landscape design, you will learn to assess sites and provide advice on plant selection and landscape solutions for domestic and commercial situations.
Students will learn how to research, survey, assess, plan, design, cost, and manage residential, commercial and industrial landscape projects. Students will also develop a strong understanding of the underlying principles of design, the design process, industry best practice, plant selection and placement, as well as proficient CAD skills. The course features the integration of computer-aided designs, as well as access to sites and field trips.
Students will acquire a range of skills essential to undertaking projects in landscaping, parks and gardens, community based projects, or activities undertaken in the commercial or private sector.
The course will teach students how to:
- Identify, select and specify trees
- Recommend plants and cultural practices
- Prepare a landscape design
- Assess landscape sites
- Prepare estimates, quotes and tenders
- Develop a soil health and plant nutrition program
- Design specialised landscape
- Provide advice on permaculture principles and practices
- Produce computer-aided drawings
- Design sustainable landscapes
- Design for construction of landscape features
- Manage landscape projects
1 – 2 Years
February & July
Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane and Gold Coast
From $11,500 per year
The Course Details
Potential Career Pathways:
- Landscape Designer
- Landscape Consultant
- Project Management
- Commercial Designer
- Domestic Designer
Graduates of this course will be qualified landscape designers and will be able to work in the industry.
Higher Education Opportunities:
- Bachelor of Urban Design
- Bachelor of Environmental Science
Get in Touch
Phone 0755 265 900
Gold Coast Office
2575 Gold Coast Highway, Mermaid Beach, QLD, 4215
Call us 02039 483 865