Working in the Health and Fitness industry is a rewarding and fun profession. Fitness courses are created to provide the students with the required skills to work in a variety of roles in the fitness industry.
Certificate III in Fitness (26 weeks – 52 weeks)
This qualification provides the skills and knowledge for an individual to be competent in a range of activities and functions. This is the best place to start off your study to get the skills you need to succeed in the fitness industry. Qualification outcomes include providing exercise instruction for groups, teams or gym programs.
Certificate IV in Fitness (26 – 52 weeks)
The courses will teach students the skills needed to plan, conduct and evaluate exercise training sessions. Students will also learn valuable knowledge about the anatomy of the human body and health and nutrition. Upon completion, students will have gained the required qualifications to gain employment in the fitness industry as an exercise instructor in fitness facilities, aquatic facilities or open spaces.
Certificate III and Certificate IV
from 7 months – 1 year
Gold Coast, Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, Sunshine Coast, Perth
The Course Details
Potential Job Forecast:
This is a large occupation employing 31,000 workers. The number of workers has grown very strongly over the past 5 years.
Over the next 5 years, the number of workers is expected to grow very strongly to 38,300. Around 23,000 job openings are likely over this time from workers leaving and new jobs being created.
- Fitness Instructors work in most parts of Australia.
- They mainly work in: Other Services; Arts and Recreation Services; and Education and Training.
- Part-time work is very common. Full-time workers, on average, work 40.3 hours per week (compared to the all jobs average of 40 hours).
- The average age is 37 years (compared to the all jobs average of 40 years).
- Around 6 in 10 workers are female.
- In 2016, the unemployment rate was similar to the average.
Higher Education Opportunities:
Students may also choose to continue to study in additional relevant fields:
- Diploma of Sporst and Recreation
- Diploma of Sports Management
- Bachelor of Exercise Science
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy
Common Course Requirements
- Australia requires an ILETS 5.5 or equivalent
- Students need to be a minimum of 18 years old
- Comprehension skills equivalent to Year 10 pass level to successfully complete the Certificate level courses.
Get in Touch
Phone 0755 265 900
Gold Coast Office
2575 Gold Coast Highway, Mermaid Beach, QLD, 4215
Call us 02039 483 865