Study Early Childhood Teaching
The Bachelor of Early Childhood Teaching prepare students as specialists in the teaching of children from birth to 12 years.
You can work as a teacher in Australian Primary Schools and Kindergarten Centres.
The early years are a time of rapid growth and development. Early relationships, interactions and experiences provide the foundation for everything that follows – school, work, life. An Early childhood teacher makes a significant and lasting contribution to a child’s education and lifelong learning. You will be supported by specialist early childhood academics and will experience unique, real-world opportunities that prepare you to teach in early childhood.
If you did not want to study at a bachelor level, you could consider the Diploma of Early Childhood Education. By studying the diploma course first, you may be able to received credit towards the bachelor program.
Students of the bachelor course will learn how to engage children through activities such as art, music, maths and literacy. They will also develop the skills needed to respond to diversity and help each child get the most out of their education during their formative years.
Some key inclusions in the course are:
- A deep understanding of early childhood learning and development
- Curriculum and pedagogy knowledge and practices
- Creating positive learning environments for young learners
- Inclusion and diversity
- Building positive relationships with parents, carers, communities and education stakeholders
- Digital technologies
- Entrepreneurial thinking and leadership
- Innovation and creativity
- Evaluation, research and assessment
July & February
Melbourne, Brisbane, Sunshine Coast
From $16 700 per year
The Course Details
Potential Career Pathways:
- Childcare centre or kindergarten director
- Education policy and program implementation
- Training and development roles in private and public organisations
- Education and outreach roles
- Developing products for the early childhood sector
- Learning designer
- Entertainment industry roles
- Education research
Common Course Requirements
Good passes at Year 12 / Matriculation including Mathematics or the overseas equivalent
(eg. A Level). Applicants without the Mathematics subject prerequisites are required to complete the Special Tertiary Admissions Test (STAT) Multiple Choice test in Numeracy and achieve a median score of 150 to meet the course numeracy entry requirement.
IELTS of 7.5 in the Academic module, with no score below 7 in any of the four skills areas, and a score of not less than 8 in speaking and listening.
Get in Touch
Phone 0755 265 900
Gold Coast Office
2575 Gold Coast Highway, Mermaid Beach, QLD, 4215
Call us 02039 483 865