Study Early Childhood Education
Working with children can be one of the most rewarding experiences of anyone’s life. Early Childhood Educators assist in caring for the social, emotional, physical and educational needs of infants and young children in various care settings. Early childhood educators can have a profound influence on a child’s wellbeing and development in the years of 0-5.
Child Care Centre Manager is currently on the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL).
Child care centre managers direct and supervise child care workers, develop and implement programs to enhance the lives of young Australians and provide care before-school, after-school, during the day and on vacations.
Employment in this qualification has rose significantly in the last 5 years and is expected to keep growing. This course would be suited to anyone who likes working with children and would like to play a part in nurturing and developing young minds.
Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care
Occupations such as early childhood educators, aged care workers and disability support workers have experienced strong growth in recent years, is expected to increase to meet community service demands and changes to service delivery models within these sectors. Certificate III to Diploma courses in these occupational fields incorporate a work placement component ensuring the student has the skills, knowledge and competencies required for immediate employment and/or entry into pathway courses.
Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care
Certificate & Diploma
Courses vary in length depending on the level of qualification being obtained. The majority of courses are between 48 weeks and 2 years.
Intake dates are ongoing throughout the year at various locations.
Melbourne, Brisbane, Gold Coast, Sydney, Perth.
The Course Details
Potential Career Outcomes:
- A full time child care centre manager averages a weekly income of $1094 per week.
- The average hours worked by a childcare centre worker in Australia is 39.3 hours per week.
- Employment for this occupation rose very strongly in the past five years and likely to continue to rise strongly in the long-term.
- Child care centre managers have an above average proportion of full-time jobs, sitting at 86%.
- Child care workers generally work for a specific child care centre and do not work independently.
Higher Education Opportunities:
- Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood)
- Bachelor of Education
These courses can also provide a pathway to a Bachelor of Education majoring in Early Childhood. If you complete a Diploma of Early Childhood Education, you may be given Recognised Prior Learning (RPL) for your Bachelor of Education, which will reduce the time of the course significantly.
Common Course Requirements
- Australia requires an ILETS of 5.5 or equivalent
- Students need to be at least 18 years of age
- Comprehension skills must be equivalent to Year 10 pass level to successfully complete the Certificate level courses
Get in Touch
Phone 0755 265 900
Gold Coast Office
2575 Gold Coast Highway, Mermaid Beach, QLD, 4215
Call us 02039 483 865