Study Early Childhood Education
Working with children can be one of the most rewarding experiences of anyone’s life. Early Childhood Educators assist in caring for the social, emotional, physical and educational needs of infants and young children in various care settings. Early childhood Educators can have a profound influence on a child’s wellbeing and development especially in the years of 0-5.
Child Care Centre Manager is currently on the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL)
Child care centre managers direct and supervise child care workers, develop and implement programs to enhance the lives of young Australians and provide care for young children in before-school, after-school, day and vacation care centres.
Employment in this qualification has rose significantly in the last 5 years and is expected to keep growing. This course would be suited to anyone who likes working with children and would like to play a part in nurturing and developing young minds.
Certificate II in Early Childhood Education and Care
Occupations such as early childhood educators, aged care workers and disability support workers have experienced strong growth and this growth is expected to increase to meet community service demands and changes to service delivery models within these sectors. Our Certificate III to Diploma courses in these occupational fields incorporate a work placement component ensuring the student has the skills, knowledge and competencies required for immediate employment and/or entry into pathway courses.
Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care
Courses vary in length depending on the level. The majority of courses are between 48 weeks and 2 years.
Intake dates are ongoing thoughout the year at various locations.
Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth,
The Course Details
Potential Career Outcomes:
- Full time child care centre manager average weekly income is $1094 per week
- The average hours worked by a childcare centre worker in Australia is 39.3 hours per week.
- Employment for this occupation rose very strongly in the past five years and rose very strongly in the long-term
- Childcare centre managers have an above average proportion of full-time jobs (86 per cent).
- Childcare workers generally do not work independently, instead working for a childcare centre.
Higher Education Opportunities:
- Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood)
- Bachelor of Education
The can also provide a pathway to Bachelor or Bachelor of Education majoring in Early Childhood. If you complete a Diploma of Early Childhood Education, you may be given Recognised Prior Learning (RPL) for your Bachelor of Education and reduce the time of the course significantly.
Common Course Requirements
- Australia requires an ILETS 5.5 or equivalent
- Students need to be a minimum of 18 years old
- Comprehension skills equivalent to Year 10 pass level to successfully complete the Certificate level courses.
Get in Touch
Phone 0755 265 900
Email: [email protected]
Gold Coast Office
2575 Gold Coast Highway, Mermaid Beach, QLD, 4215
48 Haven Green, Ealing, London W5 2NX, UK