Vocational Institutions and Universities in Australia produce some of the most highly trained nurses in the world. With a focus on high quality education and the latest Techniques & Technology used, Australian Trained nurses are in demand all over the world and the employment opportunities are endless.
Nursing is currently on the Medium and Long-Term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL)
Diploma of Nursing (Duration 18 months)
Nursing ranks highly as a rewarding and meaningful career choice for many. If you enjoy taking care of others and would like a fulfilling role in the nursing industry, then the Diploma of Nursing is your ideal platform to launch your career aspirations. Learn the legal requirements, health assessments, care plans, communication, and safe practices associated with nursing and give your career a kick start into a profession with excellent employment outcomes
Course Outcome: Diploma of Nursing graduates become Registered Nurses (education requirement for skilled migration purposes)
- Residential care facilities
- Mental health
- Pathology services
- Medical Centres
- Community health centres
- Immunisation and health care screening
Advanced Diploma of Nursing (after Diploma) – Duration 26 weeks
This qualification covers Enrolled-Division 2 nursing work in areas of specialisation, with advanced skills and knowledge in client assessment, care and management across a wide range of health care settings.
Courses vary in length depending on the level. The majority of courses are between 26 weeks and 1.5 years
Intake dates are ongoing thoughout the year at various locations.
Melbourne, Adelaide, Gold Coast Brisbane
The Course Details
Registered Nurse Medical (254418) – Is currently on the Medium and Long-Term Strategic Skills List. To pass the skills assessment for general skilled migration you are required to prove that you have:
- Bachelor of Nursing
- 2 years on the job experience
If you complete a bachelor of Nursing in Australia you may qualify for the Temporary Graduate Visa. The benefit of this visa is, it gives you 18 months – 4 years of y unlimited work rights in Australia. Which can give you invaluable experience in the Nursing Industry. Plus graduates with a diploma of nursing may be able to work as an Enrolled Nurse during their Bachelor or Nursing studies. *Note* It is never recommended to undertake study for the sole purpose of trying to gain a visa to Australia
Job Forecast & Career Information
- Over the next 5 years employment opportunities are expected to be High (greater the 50000 positions)
- Employment growth over the last 5 years has been strong, also in the long term (10 years). Expected growth in the industry is rated Very High.
- 240700 people are currently employed in Australia as a nurse.
- Nurses in Australia have a just below average of full time employment (52.1% employed full time)
- The most common level of education attainment is Bachelor Degree (51.7%)
- Unemployment For nurses in Australia is well below the National Average.
Common Course Requirements
- Must have graduated year 12 in home country
- Must have a minimum of IELTS 6.5 in all 4 components
Get in Touch
Phone 0755 327 000
Email: [email protected]
Gold Coast Office
2 Davenport St, Southport, QLD.
Level 5 Tower 2 /121 King William Street – Adelaide 5000