If you are looking for a exciting career or even a course to help you further your studies at a university level Dental Technology could be just what your looking for.
Dental Technician’s Build & Design Prosthetic implants and False Teeth alongside Dentists for their patients.
Some of the task you will undertake are:
- Make models of the mouth and teeth from impressions of the patient’s mouth supplied by the dentist.
- Build up wax replicas of the Mouth & Teeth for creating accurate moulds & prosthetics.
- Replacing the wax mould with more permanent materials to be used on the patient. For example plastics, ceramics & Metals.
- Clean, Polish & Finish the product ready for placement in the patient.
- Make appliances for patients with cleft palates, braces and plates for correcting irregular teeth and mouth guards & other Orthodontic apparatus.
Diploma Of Dental Technology
Intake dates are ongoing thoughout the year at various locations.
Gold Coast, Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne
The Course Details
The Diploma of Dental Technology course provides a pathway to Bachelor of Oral Health & Dental Technology, you may be given Recognised Prior Learning (RPL) for your Diploma of Dental Technology and reduce the time of the course significantly.
Job Forecast & Career Information
- Employment for this occupation rose very strongly (in percentage terms) in the past five years and rose strongly in the long-term (ten years). Looking forward, employment for Dental Hygienists, Technicians and Therapists to November 2019 is expected to grow moderately.
- The most common level of educational attainment for Dental Hygienists, Technicians and Therapists is Bachelor degree (70.6 per cent).
- Dental Hygienists, Technicians and Therapists are mainly employed in Health Care and Social Assistance, Manufacturing and Public Administration and Safety.
Common Course Requirements
- IELTS Level of 6.0 with no band less then a 5.5
- Students must have completed year 12 or the equivalent in their home country
- Student must be 18 or turning 18 with in the first year of their course.
Get in Touch
Phone 0755 265 900
Email: [email protected]
Gold Coast Office
2575 Gold Coast Highway, Mermaid Beach, QLD, 4215
Level 5 Tower 2 /121 King William Street – Adelaide 5000