Electrical instrumentation is one of the fastest growing industries, not just in Australia but all over the world.
Electronic Instrument Trades Worker (342315) – is currently on the Medium and Long-Term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL) .
Electrical instrumentation technicians troubleshoot, repair and maintain the various parts needed to keep electronic machinery running smoothly and effectively.
Many industrial firms now use automation practices that require highly programmed electronic equipment to do work that used to be performed by people. Due to high intensity of how much these automated machines are used, they run into quite a number of problems and need experts to be able to upgrade, alter and fix issues that may arise. Looking forward, employment for instrumentation technicians is expected to grow strongly.
Certificate III in Electroinstrumentation
Feb, Apr, Jul, Oct
Brisbane and Cairns (*Regional)
$12,000 per year
The Course Details
Graduates will meet the educational qualifications to work as an electrical instrumentation technician in Australia and will be skilled in many aspects of the trade including but not limited to:
- Participate in instrumentation and control work and competency development activities.
- Apply occupational Health and Safety regulations, codes and practices in the workplace.
- Fabricate, assemble and dismantle utilities industry components.
- Solve problems in d.c. circuits.
- Fix and secure electro technology equipment.
- Use drawings, diagrams, schedules, standards, codes and specifications.
Job Forecast & Career Information
- Full time electrical instrumentation technicians earn on average $1050 per week.
- The average hours worked by an electrical instrumentation technician are 40.1 hours per week.
- Employment for this occupation rose strongly in the past five years and in the long-term (ten years).
- Most electrical instrumentation technicians work for larger construction, manufacturing or mining companies.
- Looking forward, employment for instrumentation technicians to November 2018 is expected to grow strongly.
- Electrical instrumentation technicians have a very high proportion of full-time jobs (93.8 per cent).
Common Course Requirements
- Must have graduated year 10 in home country.
- Must have a minimum of IELTS 5.5 overall.
- The course includes 360 hours of vocational placement.
Get in Touch
Phone 0755 327 000
Gold Coast Office
2 Davenport St, Southport, QLD.
Level 5 Tower 2 /121 King William Street – Adelaide 5000