Study Telecommunications and IT Network Engineering
Set yourself up for a job with huge demand in the future. Throughout this course students will learn to carry out specialised design and support functions in telecommunications engineering. This may include optimisation and performance monitoring of telecommunications networks, diagnosis and repair of faults, and the selection and installation of equipment.
Telecommunications Technical Officer or Technologist
is currently on Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL).
Technology is advancing at a fast pace and this course educates students in an occupation that will become increasingly in demand both in Australia and around the world.
Students will learn to develop, monitor and carry out technical support functions for telecommunications networks and install computer equipment, computer systems. Common tasks learnt throughout the course include
- installing, maintaining, repairing and diagnosing malfunctions of communication systems
- configuring and integrating network and telecommunications technology with computer software, hardware, desktops, peripherals, databases and operating systems
- developing and recording logs of the details, locations and status of inventories, parts, equipment and instruments and maintaining the documentation of communication policies, procedures, guidelines and regulations, and quality standards
- providing technical advice and information, and monitoring the performance of complex telecommunications networks and equipment
- planning the development of customer access telecommunications network infrastructure
- liaising with vendors, suppliers, service providers and external resources and monitoring contractual obligations and performance delivery
- providing ongoing operational support in designing, optimising, troubleshooting, diagnosing, repairing and resolving of telecommunications network performance malfunctions, defects and faults
Qualifications embedded in the program
- Certificate IV in Information Technology – Networking
- Diploma of Information Technology – Networking
- Advanced Diploma of Telecommunications Network Engineering
This course may lead to the skill assessment for Telecommunications Technical Officer or Technologist. These occupations are being assessed by Engineers Australia through Non-Accredited Pathway which is known as CDR (Competency Demonstration Report) pathway. This occupations may make you eligible for the general skilled migration visas and temporary graduate work visa.
- Duration: 24 months
- Intake: January, April, July, September
- Cost: $8,500 – 15,000 per year
- Locations: Brisbane, Gold Coast, Sydney and Melbourne
- Must have graduated year 11 in home country.
- Must have a minimum of IELTS 5.5 overall.
- This course may include vocational placement
The number of Telecommunications Technical Specialists is about the same as 5 years ago and is expected to grow over the next 5 years.
- Location: Telecommunications Technical Specialists work in most regions of Australia.
- Industries: Most work in Information Media and Telecommunications; Professional, Scientific and Technical Services; and Public Administration and Safety.
- Full-time: Most work full-time (97.5%, much higher than the all jobs average of 68.4%) showing part-time work may be hard to find.
- Hours: Full-time workers spend around 35.2 hours per week at work (compared to the all jobs average of 40.0 hours).
Study Telecommunications and Networking
Telecommunications Technical Officer or Technologist is currently on the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL).
Temporary Graduate Visa
If undertaking study in Australia for a minimum of 2 years you may qualify for the Temporary Skilled Graduate Visa. This visa allows the holder 1.5 years of unlimited work rights in Australia. Many graduates use this time to build up experience in their field or find an employer that is willing to sponsor their visa.
If you have applied for the Temporary Graduate Visa you may also be eligible to apply for the Job Ready Program. The Job Ready Program is run through TRA and allows graduates in certain disciplines to have their skills assessed for skilled migration purposes. It is a way for people with no experience to have their skills assessed. Once the student receives a positive skills assessment they may be eligible to apply for permanent work visas such as State Sponsored and General Skilled Migration Visas.
Note: It is never recommended to engage in studies for the sole purpose of trying to gain a visa to Australia. Speak to us and we can find a course that matches your long-term career goals.
GET IN TOUCH
In case of questions, feel free to reach out to one of our experienced Registered Migration Agents.
Give us a call
Australia: 0755 265 900
Argentina: (11) 3799-3217
New Zealand: 0800 886071
United Kingdom: 02039 483 865
Chat with us
2575 Gold Coast Highway,
Mermaid Beach, QLD, 4218