Study Fashion Design and Merchandising
Are you a creative person who is looking to take their fashion design skills to the next level? A Cert IV in Fashion Design and Merchandising allows you to explore your creative side and showcase your talent. You will gain the knowledge and practical skills to make your mark in the fashion industry as an Assistant Fashion Designer, Merchandising Assistant, Sewing Machinist or Pattern Maker.
During this course you will learn how to design and create patterns, communicate design concepts, identify fabrics and use electronic design tools to produce quality fashion products. You will also create an extensive portfolio showcasing your collection which can be used when applying for employment or further studies.
Upon graduation you will have gained the knowledge and skills to obtain employment in the fashion industry as an Assistant Fashion Designer, Merchandising Assistant, Sewing Machinist or Pattern Maker.
February and July
Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane
The Course Details
Potential Career Pathways:
- Assistant fashion designer
- Merchandising assistant
- Specialist production technician
- Sewing machinist
Higher Education Opportunities:
- Bachelor of Fashion Design
- Bachelor of Arts
Common Course Requirements:
- Interest and creativity in the fashion industry
- Basic portfolio
- Sufficient verbal & written language skills
- Basic computer skills.
- Communication and personal presentation skills
- Passed year 11 or the overseas equivalent
- Sufficient verbal & written English language skills
- IELTS score no less than 5.5 (Academic)
Get in Touch
Phone 0755 265 900
Email: [email protected]
Gold Coast Office
2575 Gold Coast Highway, Mermaid Beach, QLD, 4215
Call us 02039 483 865