Dental Technician’s Build & Design Prosthetic implants and False Teeth alongside Dentists for their patients.
Some of the task you will undertake are:
- Make models of the mouth and teeth from impressions of the patient’s mouth supplied by the dentist.
- Build up wax replicas of the Mouth & Teeth for creating accurate moulds & prosthetics.
- Replacing the wax mould with more permanent materials to be used on the patient. For example plastics, ceramics & Metals.
- Clean, Polish & Finish the product ready for placement in the patient.
- Make appliances for patients with cleft palates, braces and plates for correcting irregular teeth and mouth guards & other Orthodontic apparatus.
- IELTS Level of 6.0 with no band less then a 5.5
- Students must have completed year 12 or the equivalent in their home country
- Student must be 18 or turning 18 with in the first year of their course.
Potential Career Outcomes and Job Forecast:
The Diploma of Dental Technology course provides a pathway to Bachelor of Oral Health & Dental Technology, you may be given Recognised Prior Learning (RPL) for your Diploma of Dental Technology and reduce the time of the course significantly.
- Employment for this occupation rose very strongly (in percentage terms) in the past five years and rose strongly in the long-term (ten years). Looking forward, employment for Dental Hygienists, Technicians and Therapists to November 2019 is expected to grow moderately.
- The most common level of educational attainment for Dental Hygienists, Technicians and Therapists is Bachelor degree (70.6 per cent).
- Dental Hygienists, Technicians and Therapists are mainly employed in Health Care and Social Assistance, Manufacturing and Public Administration and Safety.
Price (per year)
Steps to Studying in Aus
Here are the steps you need to take before receiving an invitation to apply for the visa.
Get in Touch
Set Study Goals
Find a Study Path
Enrol to a School
Apply for Student Visa
Temporary Graduate Visa
If undertaking study in Australia for a minimum of 2 years you may qualify for the Temporary Skilled Graduate Visa. This visa allows the holder 1.5 years of unlimited work rights in Australia. Many graduates use this time to build up experience in their field or find an employer that is willing to sponsor their visa.
If you have applied for the Temporary Graduate Visa you may also be eligible to apply for the Job Ready Program. The Job Ready Program is run through TRA and allows graduates in certain disciplines to have their skills assessed for skilled migration purposes. It is a way for people with no experience to have their skills assessed. Once the student receives a positive skills assessment they may be eligible to apply for permanent work visas such as State Sponsored and General Skilled Migration Visas.
Note: It is never recommended to engage in studies for the sole purpose of trying to gain a visa to Australia. Speak to us and we can find a course that matches your long-term career goals.
Why Use Pathway to Aus?
Pathway to Aus has assisted thousands of student’s study or migrate to Australia. We are here to support you throughout your journey and make the transition as easy and smooth as possible. Our experienced team of Education and Migration agents are ready to work with you to help you achieve your education and migration goals.
No cost to you
Registered Migration Agents
Partnered with education institutes
Interviews with Our Students
Feel free to check these interviews with some of our students.
GET IN TOUCH
In case of questions, feel free to reach out to one of our experienced Registered Migration Agents.
Gold Coast Office
2242 Gold Coast Highway,
Mermaid Beach, QLD, 4218