Study Airconditioning & Refrigeration
With temperatures rising, there has been a large increase in the number of homes and offices that use air-conditioners.
Airconditioning and Refrigeration Mechanic is all currently on the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL)
Air-conditioning and refrigeration mechanics assemble, install, maintain and repair industrial, commercial and domestic air-conditioning and refrigeration systems and equipment.
They also develop systems, select equipment, and commission, maintain and diagnose faults/malfunctions of refrigeration systems and equipment that apply to commercial food storage and preservation and air conditioning and air distribution equipment and special applications
Course Overview (with video)
Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.
Jan and Jul
$15,000 per year
The Course Details
Graduates will be qualified tradesperson in air-conditioning & refrigeration industry. Graduates will be skilled in many aspects of air-conditioning & refrigeration mechanics including:
- Establishing job requirements from drawings and specifications, and laying out installation reference points.
- Drilling holes, installing mounting brackets and cutting, bending and threading piping.
- Installing and repairing components such as compressors, motors, condensers, evaporators, switches and gauges, and copper lines for steam, gas, refrigerant, compressed air, oil and chilled water.
- Bolting, soldering, riveting, welding and brazing pipes to connect equipment, and checking alignment and accuracy of fit.
- Filling systems with gas or fluid to check for leaks.
- Test-operating refrigeration systems, checking mechanisms and making adjustments.
- Removing test gas and fluid using vacuum pumps, and filling with refrigerant.
Job Forecast & Career Information
- Full time air-conditioning & refrigeration mechanics earn an average of $1618.00 per week.
- The average hours worked an air-conditioning &refrigeration mechanic in Australia are 40.2 per week.
- Employment for this occupation rose strongly in the past five years and rose strongly in the long-term.
- Air-conditioning & refrigeration mechanics have a very high proportion of full-time jobs (95 per cent).
- Air-conditioning & refrigeration mechanics can work independently as a subcontractor or for a larger company.
Common Course Requirements
- Must have graduated year 10 in home country.
- Must have a minimum of IELTS 5.5 overall.
- Must be over 18 years of age
Get in Touch
Phone 0755 265 900
Email: [email protected]
Gold Coast Office
2575 Gold Coast Highway, Mermaid Beach, QLD, 4215
Level 5 Tower 2 /121 King William Street – Adelaide 5000