Before you can apply for a Student Visa, all students must first enrol in their chosen institution to study full time.
Any student who is placed an education institution through Pathway to Aus receives free visa assistance by a Registered Migration Agent.
- Be enrolled in a registered course to study in a full time basis
- Have obtained a Confirmation of Enrollment from the institution
- Obtain health insurance for the duration of your stay
- Cannot apply more than 90 days in advance of your course start date
- Students must prove that the genuine reason they are coming to Australia is to study
- You are of good character
- You have good health
When applying for a student visa, students will first need to determine what documents are required. The documents required to be provided for a student visa depend on your country of passport, and the school that you would like to attend.
Immigration may request:
- The student’s financial capacity to cover their costs in Australia
- The student’s English level
- The student’s previous studies and academic credentials
- The student’s previous immigration history
- The student’s health and character.
Police check (if required)
Medical Exam (if required)
* This is correct as of 17 Jul 2017. Please note this is subject to change.
**Plus credit card payment fee if paying by credit card.
Benefits of a Student Visa
Ability to work whilst in Australia
- Most students are allowed to work for up to 40 hours per fortnight throughout the duration of their studies. Students can also work for unlimited hours during the institution vacation period. Any partner who accompanied the visa holder may also be eligible to work for up to 40 hours whilst in Australia.
- Many students who are studying a Masters degree are able to work full time in Australia
Allow students to study in Australia for more than 3 months
Multiple entry into Australia
- A student visa allows students to enter and exit Australia as many times as they like throughout the duration of the visa
Possibility for dependents to travel to Australia
- Eligible family members, such as your spouse or children, may be allowed to come with you to Australia for the entirety of your visa
Step 1: Decide the course and institution you would like to study
There are many different institutions and courses available in Australia. Have a look here to find the course that is perfect for you
Step 2: Pathway to Aus will collect all of the necessary documents and enroll you in the school
Step 3: Receive a letter of offer from the school
Step 4: Pay your course fees or organise a schedule of payment
Step 5: Receive a Certificate of Enrollment (COE) from the school
Step 6: Apply for your student visa with your COE and other requested documents to the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP)
Step 7: Immigration will process your application and approve or decline your visa.
Step 8: Receive your decision from the DIBP
Step 9: Plan the rest of your arrival requirements such as accommodation.
Extending your time in Australia
If you have studied in Australia, then you have probably grown very fond of the country. Furthermore, it is highly likely that you don’t want to leave upon the completion of your studies. You may choose to try and remain in Australia for further study or to migrate permanently. If your course is close to completion and you would like to remain in Australia, contact Pathway to Aus for free migration advice. Pathway to Aus can provide advice on the most suitable pathway and assist all clients in applying for a new visa. If you are applying for a new visa, then your previous visa will be cancelled and the new visa will come into effect once it is granted. Below is a short list of possible options for students whose course is close to completion:
Additional Student Visa
Perhaps one of the easiest ways to remain in Australia is to enroll into a different course. Pathway to Aus is partnered with many leading institutions across Australia in General English, Vocational and Tertiary studies.
Graduate Work Visa
Students that have completed at least 2 years or more of study in Australia may be eligible to apply for the graduate work visa.
General Skilled Migration
Pathway to Aus can assist students in applying for permanent residency through the general skilled migration program. Students may be granted a bridging visa throughout the application process.
De Facto / Spouse visa
Employer Sponsored Visa
- TSS visa
- ENS visa