This course is someone who is both technical and creative and wants to learn skills that will continue to be in demand in the future. By studying computer programming you will gain a strong foundational from which you may choose to enter the world of programming. This course will teach you how to use Java and C-sharp, two of the most popular programming languages in the industry. It will also teach you to create a User Experience (UX) and User Interface (UI) as well as creating intuitive user interfaces and experiences. Another important course component you will learn is diagnosing and debugging a site for flaws and errors as well as comprehending and applying the principals of object-oriented programming.
Diploma of Website Development (Duration 1 year)
Are you interested in web design/development and multimedia? This course is the ideal pathway into the web development and multimedia industry. Learn to build beautiful responsive websites and web application using the tools and techniques required in industry. Gain experience by working with real clients to develop solutions that meet their needs. Learn cutting edge, industry standard skills and technology including; graphic design, responsive design, HTML5 CSS3, jQuery, web application development, programming & mobile app design for iOS & Android.
Certificate IV in Programming (Duration 41-65 weeks)
This qualification unites technical knowledge with design skills. The Certificate IV in Programming will provide you with strong foundational skills from which you may choose to enter the world of programming. This course will teach you how to use Java and C-sharp, two of the most popular programming languages in the industry; create a User Experience (UX) and User Interface (UI) as well as creating intuitive user interfaces and experiences; Diagnosing and debugging a site for flaws and errors as well as comprehending and applying the principals of object-oriented programming.
Gold Coast, Melbourne.
The Course Details
Potential Career Pathways:
- In-house Web Developer
- Independent Web Developer
- Web Developer
- Junior Programmer
- Web Programmer
- Web Aministrator
Higher Education Opportunities:
- Bachelor of IT
Common Course Requirements
- Australia requires an ILETS 5.5 or equivalent
- Students need to be a minimum of 18 years old
- Comprehension skills equivalent to Year 10 pass level to successfully complete the Certificate level courses.
Frequently Asked Questions
In case you don’t find an answer to your question, feel free to consult with one of our agents.
What do you do as a computer programmer?
Computare, Software and Applications Programmers design, develop, test, maintain and document program code in accordance with user requirements, and system and technical specifications.
Common duties that a computer programmer would undertake include:
• researching, consulting, analysing and evaluating system program needs
• identifying technology limitations and deficiencies in existing systems and associated processes, procedures and methods
• testing, debugging, diagnosing and correcting errors and faults in an applications programming language within established testing protocols, guidelines and quality standards to ensure programs and applications perform to specification
• writing and maintaining program code to meet system requirements, system designs and technical specifications in accordance with quality accredited standards
• writing, updating and maintaining technical program, end user documentation and operational procedures
• providing advice, guidance and expertise in developing proposals and strategies for software design activities such as financial evaluation and costings for recommending software purchases and upgrades
Where can I study to become a computer programmer?
You can study to become a computer programmer in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, The Gold Coast or Perth
What qualifications do you need to be a computer programmer?
You can work as a Software or Applications Programmer without formal qualifications if you are able to demonstrate your technical competency to employers. However, most computer programmers will have a minimum Cert IV in Programming.
How much does a computer programmer make an hour?
As per job outlook, the average computer programmer in Australia makes on average $2,003 per week
How long does it take to become a qualified computer programmer?
You can complete the Cert IV in computer programming in as short as 9 months. You could then look to progress the Diploma of Website development or other relevant courses.
How do I get started?
If you complete this questionnaire, we will be able to run through the different course options available to you and what documents you will need for the enrolment.
Will these qualifications be recognised in my home country?
These qualifications are part of the Australian Qualification Framework. Most countries, specifically European or North American countries accept qualifications issued by Australia. So yes, generally speaking, the qualifications will be accepted and allow you to work in your home country. Please note, we would always recommend you check specifically with your home country.
What are some related courses?
Some related courses to computer programming are:
- Diploma of Website Development
- Diploma of Digital Media
- Diploma of Software Development
- Adv Diploma of Telecommunications and Networking
GET IN TOUCH
In case of questions, feel free to reach out to one of our experienced Registered Migration Agents.
Give us a call
Australia: 0755 265 900
Argentina: (11) 3799-3217
New Zealand: 0800 886071
United Kingdom: 02039 483 865
Chat with us
Gold Coast Office
2575 Gold Coast Highway,
Mermaid Beach, QLD, 4218
London, W5 2NX, United Kingdom