Steps to PR once you have your Skill Assessment
In this video, we talk about each step you should take to PR once you have completed your skills assessment.
The first step you should review and familiarise yourself with the different State Occupations list.
- You should consider which state you already live in.
- And take note of each of the requirements
- eg. Work experience requirement
The next thing that you should do is ensure you have all the relevant documents
- These included having your
- IELTS up to date
- Considering if your Partner needs an IELTS
- Ensuring your Work Experience correctly counted
You will then need to Lodge an Expression of Interest (EOI)
- This is where you send in a request of which visa/visas you would like to apply for
- Then request which state you would like to be invited to
- Please refer to this video for more information.
Once you have submitted your EOI, you will then receive an Invitation from State Migration (491/190) or receive an invitation from federal immigration (189). Unfortunately, there is no exact timeline of how long it will take to receive an invitation, so it is really a waiting game here.
Once you receive the invitation you are then able to apply for the visa through your immigration account.
- In this application you will need to provide:
- Police checks
- Relationship Documents
- Work Experience
Please note that the above information is general in nature and you should contact a migration agent to find out more about your specific circumstances.