An Electrical Engineering Technician conducts tests of electrical systems, prepare charts and tabulations, and assist in estimating costs in support of Electrical Engineers and Engineering Technologists. An Electrical Engineering Technician also does the following in a normal day:
- Collects data, performs tests and calculations, graphs results, and prepares charts and tabulation.
- Estimates materials, costs and quantities.
- Inspects designs and finished products for compliance with specifications and regulations.
- Assembles, installs, tests, modifies and repairs electrical equipment and installations to conform with regulations and safety requirements.
- Undertakes electrical workshop functions, such as installing assemblies for protection relays, metering and indicating devices.
- Assists with research and experimentation programs.