Plumbers are among the highest paid trades workers in Australia and there is a demand by employers in Australia for qualified plumbers.
The high salary and strong employment growth means there are a lot of good reasons to study plumbing.
The majority of plumbing work is carried out on new domestic, commercial and retail constructions. So the majority of plumbers do not work unblocking drains. Over the five years to November 2019, the number of job openings for plumbers is expected to be above average.
Obtaining Work Visas to Australia
You’ll find the full list of Study Pathways that meet the 2-year course requirement for positions on the Medium and Long-Term Strategic Skills.
Certificate III and Certificate IV in Plumbing Services
The Course Details
Common Course Requirements
- Must have graduated year 12 in home country.
- Must have a minimum of IELTS 5.5 overall.
- Must be over 18 years of age at time of enrollment
- Read plans and calculate plumbing quantities.
- Studying blueprints, drawings and specifications to determine the layout of plumbing systems and materials required.
- Setting out and installing hot and cold water systems and associated equipment.
- Install discharge pipes.
- Install domestic treatment plants.
- Flash penetrations through roofs and walls.
- Install water pipe systems.
- Carry out work-based risk control processes.
- Full time plumbers earn an average of $1000 per week.
- The average hours worked by a plumber in Australia are 40.9 per week.
- Employment for this occupation rose strongly (in percentage terms) in the past five years and rose strongly in the long-term (ten years).
- Plumbers have a high proportion of full-time jobs (92.5 per cent).
- Plumbers can work independently as a sub-contractor or as part of a larger construction company.
- Plumber General (334111)
- Airconditioning and Mechanical Services Plumber (334112)
- Drainer (334113)
- Gas Fitter (334114)
- Roof Plumber (334115)
Courses: Certificate III and IV in Plumbing
Duration: 24 months
Get in Touch
Phone 0755 265 900
Email: [email protected]
Gold Coast Office
2575 Gold Coast Highway, Mermaid Beach, QLD, 4215
Level 5 Tower 2 /121 King William Street – Adelaide 5000