Study Sports Coaching
This course is perfect for someone who has a passions for sports and would like to be involved in the sports or fitness industry. It is the perfect qualification to advance your sports career
Graduates of this course will be able to supervise practice sessions and provide in advice and assistance to athletes which includes supporting their psychological preparation and conducting post competition analysis of both performance and strategy. Outcomes would vary depending on the chosen specialisation.
The Course Details
Students who complete this course can expect to be able to work in numerours roles in the sporting industry:
- Sports Coach
- Athelete Development
Students may also want to continue their studies in such fields as:
- Bachelor of Spors Psychology
- Bachelor of Sports Science
Job Forecast & Career Information
This is a large occupation employing 40,600 workers. The number of workers has grown strongly over the past 5 years.
Over the next 5 years (to May 2022) the number of workers is expected to grow very strongly to 51,000. Around 31,000 job openings are likely over this time from workers leaving and new jobs being created (a large number for an occupation of this size).
- Sports Coaches, Instructors and Officials work in most parts of Australia.
- They mainly work in: Education and Training; Arts and Recreation Services; and Other Services.
- Part-time work is very common. Full-time workers, on average, work 39.9 hours per week (compared to the all jobs average of 40 hours).
- Average earnings for full-time workers are around $944 per week (lower than the all jobs average of $1,230). Earnings tend to be lower when starting out and higher as experience grows.
- The workforce is fairly young. The average age is 22 years (compared to the all jobs average of 40 years). Around 6 in 10 workers are young (aged 15 to 25 years).
- Around 5 in 10 workers are male.
- In 2016, the unemployment rate was similar to the average.
Common Course Requirements
- Australia requires an ILETS 5.5 or equivalent
- Students need to be a minimum of 18 years old
- Comprehension skills equivalent to Year 10 pass level to successfully complete the Certificate level courses.
Get in Touch
Phone 0755 327 000
Gold Coast Office
2 Davenport St, Southport, QLD.
Level 5 Tower 2 /121 King William Street – Adelaide 5000