Carpenter is currently on the DIBP
Australia is recognised for providing highly skilled and technologically sound carpenters. The Cert III in Carpentry course will provide students with the required skills to work in the building and construction industry in Australia and all over the globe. The course prepares students to perform a wide range of tasks in the building and construction industry.
You will be trained in numerous fields in the carpentry industry such as studying drawings and specifications to determine materials required, ordering and selecting timbers and materials, preparing layouts and much more.
Certificate III in Carpentry
Jan and July (*Apr and Oct in Melbourne only)
The Course Details
Graduates will be qualified tradesperson in the in the building and construction industry. Graduates will be skilled in many aspects of carpentry including:
- Plan and organise work.
- Construct wall frames.
- Use carpentry hand and power tools.
- Read and interpret plans.
- Shape materials and assemble components.
- Roof framing.
- Use a variety of levelling instruments.
Job Forecast & Career Information:
- Full time carpenters earn an average of $1120 per week.
- The average hours worked by a carpenter in Australia are 40.2 per week.
- Employment for this occupation rose moderately in the past five years, rose slightly in the long-term (ten years).
- Carpenters and Joiners have a high proportion of full-time jobs (93.2 per cent).
- Carpenters can work independently as a subcontractor or for a larger construction company.
Common Course Requirements:
- Must have graduated year 10 in home country.
- Must have a minimum of IELTS 5.5 overall.
- This course includes 360 hours of vocational placement.
Carpenter (331212) – is currently on the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List.
- Certificate III in Carpentry
- 2 years on the job experience
Note: It is never recommended to undertake study for the sole purpose of trying to gain a visa to Australia.
What Students Say
Ged from UK is currently in his third semester studying the Cert III in Carpentry and the Cert IV in Building and Construction at TAFE NSW in Sydney. He’s working part time earning $35/hour and he’s working towards Graduate Work Visa. If you’d like to know more about Ged’s experience then you’ll find the interview with him down below.
John from UK lives in Cleveland with his wife and son. He’s studying the Cert III in Carpentry at TAFE Skills Tech in Brisbane. He’s very pleased with teachers and he finds equipment & facilities to be first class. We did a short interview with him, which you can find from down below.