Plumbers are among the highest paid trades workers in Australia and there is a demand by employers in Australia for qualified plumbers.
The high salary and strong employment growth means there are a lot of good reasons to study plumbing.
The majority of plumbing work is carried out on new domestic, commercial and retail constructions. So the majority of plumbers do not work unblocking drains. Over the five years to November 2019, the number of job openings for plumbers is expected to be above average.
Obtaining Work Visas to Australia
Feel free to check out which Trade/Vocational Course could greatly increase your prospects of obtaining Work Visas to Australia.
You’ll find the full list of Study Pathways that meet the 2-year course requirement for positions on the Medium and Long-Term Strategic Skills.
Certificate III and Certificate IV in Plumbing Services
Jan, Mar, May, Jul, Sep, Nov
$15,000 per year
The Course Details
Common Course Requirements
- Must have graduated year 12 in home country.
- Must have a minimum of IELTS 5.5 overall.
- This course includes 360 hours of vocational placement.
The Certificate III in Plumbing prepares students to perform a wide range of tasks in the building industry. You will be trained in numerous fields such as:
- Read plans and calculate plumbing quantities.
- Studying blueprints, drawings and specifications to determine the layout of plumbing systems and materials required.
- Setting out and installing hot and cold water systems and associated equipment.
- Install discharge pipes.
- Install domestic treatment plants.
- Flash penetrations through roofs and walls.
- Install water pipe systems.
- Carry out work-based risk control processes.
- Full time plumbers earn an average of $1000 per week.
- The average hours worked by a plumber in Australia are 40.9 per week.
- Employment for this occupation rose strongly (in percentage terms) in the past five years and rose strongly in the long-term (ten years).
- Plumbers have a high proportion of full-time jobs (92.5 per cent).
- Plumbers can work independently as a sub-contractor or as part of a larger construction company.
Currently all on the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List.
- Plumber General (334111)
- Airconditioning and Mechanical Services Plumber (334112)
- Drainer (334113)
- Gas Fitter (334114)
- Roof Plumber (334115)
Courses: Certificate III and IV in Plumbing
Duration: 24 months
Note: It is never recommended to undertake study for the sole purpose of trying to gain a visa to Australia.
Get in Touch
If you are interested in studying Plumbing in Australia contact Pathway to Aus to speak with one of our Education Agents. We can explain to you the course costs, duration and education providers so you better know your options.