Cabinet Makers are among the Most Constantly Employed trades workers in Australia. There is a huge demand by employers in Australia for qualified Cabinet Makers.
Cabinet Makers are currently on the Medium and Long-Term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL)
The high salary and strong employment growth, as well as recent construction booms around Australia, mean there are a lot of good reasons to study Cabinet Making.
The majority of Cabinet Makers work is carried out on new domestic, commercial and retail constructions. Also, Cabinet Makers can gain full-time employment working out of factories fabricating flat-pack installations to be later constructed onsite.
- Cabinet Maker, Onsite Fitter, Factory Manager, Production Manager, Site Foreman, Project Manager, Estimator.
Certificate III In Cabinet Making
Course Duration: 2 years
Intake Dates: Feb , Jul
Cost: $11000 per year
Common Course Requirements:
- Must have graduated year 12 in their home country.
- Must have a minimum of IELTS 5.5 overall.
- This course includes 360 hours of vocational placement.
The Certificate III in Cabinet Making prepares students to perform a wide range of tasks in the building industry. You will be trained in numerous fields such as:
- Use furniture making sector hand and power tools
- Assemble furnishing components
- Hand make timber joints
- Produce manual and computer-aided production drawings
- Produce angled and curved furniture using manufactured board
- Job Forecast & Career Information:
- Full-time Cabinet Makers earn an average of $966.00 per week.
- The average hours worked by a Cabinet Maker in Australia are 41.9 per week.
- Employment for this occupation rose strongly (in percentage terms) in the past five years and rose strongly in the long-term (ten years).
- Cabinet Makers have a high proportion of full-time jobs (91.8 %).
- Cabinet Makers can work independently as a sub-contractor or as part of a larger construction company.
Cabinet Maker (394111) Is currently on the Medium and Long-Term Strategic Skills List
- Courses: Certificate III in Cabinet Making
- Duration: 24 months
Options for a Temporary Graduate Visa
If undertaking study in Australia for a minimum of 2 years you may qualify for the Temporary Skilled Graduate Visa. This visa allows the holder 1.5 years unlimited work rights in Australia. Many graduates use this time to build up experience in their field or find an employer that is willing to sponsor their visa.
If you have applied for the Temporary Graduate Visa you may also be eligible to apply for the Job Ready Program. The Job Ready Program is run through TRA and allows graduates in certain disciplines to have their skills assessed for skilled migration purposes. It is a way for people to have their skills assessed without having the experience. Once the student receives a positive skills assessment they may be eligible to apply for permanent work visas such as State Sponsored and General Skilled Migration Visas.
Have a read through this article which details how by studying the right course it could greatly increase your prospects of obtaining a permanent visa.
*Note* It is never recommended to undertake study for the sole purpose of trying to gain a visa to Australia.
If you are interested in studying Cabinet Making in Australia contact Pathway to Aus to speak with one of our Education Agents. We can explain to you the course costs, duration and education providers so you better know your options.
P: +61(7)55327 000
Or Apply or Enquire online